Public Relations Internship
Part Time Paid Internship
Posted August 16, 2018
Posted August 16, 2018
Qualified applicants are motivated, eager to learn and have strong written and verbal communication skills; experience in public relations, social media or politics is a plus.
Apply NOW through:
Sacramento Public Relations Assoication
Randle Communications (Randle), Sacramento’s top public affairs and public relations firm, is looking for highly-motivated college students to apply for its paid internship program. This internship is designed and best suited for college students or recent graduates (within three months) who are Public Relations, Political Science, Public Administration, Communications or Journalism majors.
Randle’s “team first” focus achieves winning results and allows team members to thrive. We offer competitive internships for qualified applicants who are enthusiastic, driven and eager to learn. Our program allows participants the opportunity to learn about the communications industry with practical, hands-on experience and mentorship by the firm’s senior leadership.
Randle Communications is recognized as an A+ Employer and a “Best Place to Work” by the Sacramento Business Journal.
How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
The position will be responsible for chapter communications plan and execution, including weekly management of all LLS Greater Sacramento social media channels as well as PR efforts. In partnership with the executive director and campaign managers, will create weekly content calendars and oversee social projects for LLS and campaigns. Responsible for growing social engagement and activation. Will also assist on drafting press releases and media alerts, as well as pitching local media. May also support campaigns directly with various online tasks and office projects.
Additional Position Information
Reports to: Campaign Manager
This is an ideal opportunity for a candidate interested in pursuing a career in non-profit, fundraising/development, event coordination and/or public relations while making a difference in the lives of people living with and affected by blood cancers. We are looking for organized and creative self-starters who can manage multiple tasks and communicate effectively with a diverse audience. The intern should have a strong work ethic, maintain attention to detail, and be able to work independently as well as a part of a team. Time commitment: 10-15 hours/week.
Internships will start as early as August 2018 and continue through the Fall term.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with day-to-day operations for LLS Greater Sacramento social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube etc.), including content creation.
• Create the Chapter’s The Drop newsletter.
• Be up-to-date with campaign events, activities, successes, etc.
• Develop and maintain strong professional relationships with colleagues
• Stay up-to-date on all social media platform changes, trends and best practices (primarily Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
• Community management: Communicating the company’s brand in a positive, authentic way
• Help facilitate social conversations through monitoring, responding, asking questions and engaging online audiences
• Draft press releases and media alerts.
• Keep local media list up-to-date.
• Assist with pitching local media.
• Support campaign managers and staff, as needed.
Education & Experience Requirements:
• High School Diploma
• Currently pursuing a degree at a local university/college
• 1 year in communications, event planning, customer service and/or graphic design is a plus.
• Good understanding of various digital platforms
• Some experience creating content and managing social media accounts
• Some experience with Microsoft Office (including Publisher and Excel)
• Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Highly organized and detail oriented
• Ability to be flexible for morning, night and weekend events is a plus
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
• Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
• Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Email resume and cover letter to: Erica.Brown@lls.org
Posted: April 26, 2018
Capital Public Radio seeks an enthusiastic, motivated Marketing Intern to assist the Director of Marketing with social media management, content writing, creative brainstorming and event management, all while learning the basics of media marketing. The work done by the intern will contribute directly to the growth of Capital Public Radio’s audience. Interns will have the opportunity to learn about basic marketing strategy, brand management, communications, implementation, and evaluation.
To apply for an internship, submit the following items to Capital Public Radio.
Your cover letter should include:
Please provide a current resume.
Supporting Material (optional)
Please supply any relevant supporting materials such as writing samples or audio samples if required.
Submitting Your Application
Submit cover letter, resume and any required supporting materials to: email@example.com
Capital Public Radio
7055 Folsom Blvd
Sacramento, CA 95826
Marketing Internship (Only for Graduating Seniors)
- Salary: $15 to $18 Hourly
- Benefits Offered: Vision, Medical, Life Insurance, 401k, Dental
- Employment Type: Part-Time
We are looking for an enthusiastic marketing intern to join our marketing department and provide creative ideas to help achieve our goals. You will have administrative duties in developing and implementing marketing strategies.
As a marketing intern, you will collaborate with our marketing and advertising team in all stages of marketing campaigns. Your insightful contribution will help develop, expand and maintain our marketing channels.
This internship will help you acquire marketing skills and provide you with knowledge of various marketing strategies. Ultimately, you will gain broad experience in marketing and should be prepared to enter any fast paced work environment.
- Collect quantitative and qualitative data from marketing campaigns
- Perform market analysis and research on competition
- Support the marketing team in daily administrative tasks
- Assist in marketing and advertising promotional activities (e.g. social media, direct mail and web)
- Prepare promotional presentations
- Help distribute marketing materials
- Manage and update company database and customer relationship management systems (CRM)
- Help organize marketing events
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Solid understanding of different marketing techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with marketing computer software and online applications (e.g. CRM tools, Online analytics and Google Ad words)
- Passion for the marketing industry and its best practices
- Current enrollment in a related BS or Master’s degree
Social Media & Events Internship
About the Position:
We are looking for enthusiastic and talented Social Media and Events Interns to start ASAP. Candidates should have a strong interest in social media marketing and/or event planning. Our interns will assist us with various tasks including, but not limited to:
Content Writing and Research, Engagement and Strategy.
You will learn about, and assist with the management of, various social media platforms for our clients and events. This includes content writing, content research, engagement with followers, customer service, outreach, analysis, metrics and promotion strategy.
Planning, Coordination and Promotion.
The Grid Agency plans two large annual events- Sacramento Beer & Chili Festival and Sacramento Cocktail Week. Sacramento Beer & Chili Festival is in April 2019- You will be assisting us with the planning, management and promotion of this exciting event.
Various administrative tasks as assigned.
You are the ideal candidate if you can work independently and as a team member, if you have the drive to go above and beyond what you’ve been asked, you are creative, you are “social”, you are an excellent researcher and you are organized.
This internship requires a minimum commitment of 12 hours a week through the duration of the internship (120 days). Parking reimbursement is provided. Includes some evenings and weekends for client events. If desired, up to 20 hours a week are available. School credit is available when coordinated with the candidate and school.
How to Apply:
please send the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Political Campaign Promotion Internship
Internship and volunteer opportunities available.
Location is in Elk Grove and can be done remotely. Includes phone banking and canvasing.
Go to Traciestafford.com to sign up to be a volunteer or find out more information about the election that is coming up.
This is a great opportunity for students who aspire to go into public affairs or political public relations.