Now that Spring Break is over the light at the end of the tunnel has never been brighter!
It's easy to say that Spring Break is the best time to catch up on all the slack you might have done the first half of the semester. For some of us, it was just more time allotted to Netflix and sunny days without the guilt of missing class. And for many, it was a party every day and night!
If you're feeling the final eight week pressures: Don't give up!
Here are some ways to tighten up those loose strings and get through this Spring semester.
1. Make a to do list: - Prioritize --> do what is going to affect your life the greatest first. For some it's school work, then maybe a clean room, more club participation etc. Take a step back and look at the big picture, then break it down and start chipping away at that list.
2. Give yourself come credit! - Positivity: So you fell behind, THAT'S OKAY! We've all done it at some point and we all go through different things. Acknowledge the work you have done, give yourself a sweet pat on the back and get back to work! You're doing a great job.
3. Go to office hours: - Talk to your professor, show your face. Let your professor know that you care about the class. If they haven't seen your face in while, now is a good time to show it! Participation is a great way to engage in learning and social skills!
4. Sleep smart: - Sleep is a great thing! However, we can get lost in its glory and become less effective. Plan your sleeps in 1.5 hour rapid eye movement cycles (REM). By sleeping "too much" you can feel more tired and less functional. It can cause more harm than good.
5. Be kind to your body: - Do a little exercise between study breaks. Sitting in one spot for hours tightens up your body and your blood flow is low. Get more oxygen to your brain often (even if it's a brisk walk to Starbucks). Also, eating whole non processed foods help too.
These tips will help you get through the last semester with less stress. Now get to it!!!