1. Water: Believe it or not, water can enhance your energy supply more than you think! Dehydration can cause fatigue and exhaustion, so wake yourself up with a glass of chilled water. Add in some chia seeds for an extra boost of energy!
2. Sunlight: Getting enough vitamin D is crucial to your energy supply and being trapped inside all day can trigger drowsiness. Go for a 30-minute walk in the morning to soak up some sunshine and awaken your spirit!
3. Mindfulness: Your brain gets tired of thinking all the time, so give your mind the break it needs to recharge! Take some time to breathe deeply and do some stretches to get the energetic juices flowing!
4. Physical Activity: Sitting at a desk all day can be draining and a sedentary lifestyle is linked to fatigue. It may seem contradictory to harvest energy from the spending of energy, but an active body has more energy in the long-term! to Get up every 20 minutes and do some jumping jacks to get the blood pumping and the energy flowing.
5. Power Nap: Napping for too long can increase drowsiness, but a short power nap can change your entire day! Studies have shown that a 20-minute power nap can improve focus and help enhance memory.
Caffeinated drinks are okay as a last resort but should be limited to avoid negative effects. Instead, tap into your natural energy supply before relying on coffee and Red Bull as a crutch. The five alternatives above are a great start to increasing your energy stock. Consult your doctor for more healthy swaps to awaken your potential!