Here are some self-care tips to try at home:
1. Maintain a Routine. It has definitely been easy to fall off the wagon during this pandemic, but having structure gives the day purpose. While it may be tempting to stay up all night every night, avoid making this a habit. Focus on setting an alarm, getting ready and having a plan for the day.
2. Exercise. Mental health relies on physical well-being. A great and easy way to release stress and anxiety is to exercise. No need to leave the living room, at-home workout apps or videos can be one’s new best friend.
3. Declutter and Organize. Now is the time to declutter the bedroom, organize the bathroom cabinets or change the furniture arrangement. As Marie Kondo would say, ‘Only keep items that bring you joy.’
4. Start a New Hobby. There is no better time to pick up a new hobby! We once lacked free time, but not anymore. Start that sewing project! Start a cookbook and become a master chef from home. Try something new and get a little uncomfortable; create new learning experiences and memories!
5. At-Home Spa. It’s surprising how easy it can be to converta bathroomm into an at-home spa. Relax with a peaceful bubble bath, put on a face mask, turn on a candle, and bring out a favorite drink. Take this quiet time to read a book or listen to a favorite podcast.
Try something new each day and remember to take the time to focus on personal well-being.